CE Mark FAQ
- The CE Mark in Turkey
- 1. My importer informed me that products being exported to Turkey require the CE mark—is that True?
- 2. My importer informed me that I need a Certificate of Conformity issued by a Notified Body/Laboratory, is this true?
- 3. I supplied a corporate certificate of conformity with my shipping documents, why are my goods still detained at Turkish Customs?
- 4. Why does the Turkish Customs Authority not accept my Notified Body issued Certificate(s) of Conformity?
- 5. I having been selling to the European Union without a CE mark, why am I required to have a CE mark for Turkey?
- 6. My importer informs me that my CE marked product would need to be inspected by the Turkish Standards Institute—is this true?
- 7. Despite my CE mark why does my importer ask for an A.TR-1 Certificate? What is the A.TR-1-Certificate?
- 8. Do Turkish manufacturers need to confirm conformity of the EU New Approach (CE) Directives?
- 9. Who can I call on if I have a standards problem in Turkey?
- 10. Where can I find information on the CE Mark on the Internet?
- Standards Websites
RoHS and WEEE in Turkey
RoHS and WEEE Enforcement: Turkey
RoHS and WEEE EnforcementTurkish Ministry of Environment and Forestry is in charge of the harmonization of both RoHS and WEEE Directives with the national legislations. The harmonization studies for the RoHS Directive was finalized and announced on the Official Gazette dated May 30, 2008 numbered 26891. The Directive will be effective as of June 2009.
The Ministry of Environment is currently working to finalize the harmonization process of the WEEE Directive and is aiming to put it into effect before the end of 2009.
LegislationThe below document is the informal translation of the Turkish Legislation, which is not binding.
Turkish Implementation of the RoHS Directive
The original legislation for the RoHS enforcement in Turkey can be found at
Announcement on the Official Gazette