Saturday, July 17, 2010
This document contains text automatically extracted from a PDF or image file. Formatting may have been lost and not all text may have been recognized.
To remove this note, right-click and select "Delete table".
Guidelines for Implementation of HACCP/ ISO 22000, ISO 14000/GHP/GMP
quality/ safety management system
Operational Guidelines for Total Quality Management System
1. Proposals for financial assistance for Total Quality Management System (TQM) have
to be submitted to the Ministry of Food Processing Industries directly with a copy to
the State Nodal Agency (SNA) during 11th Plan for implementation of ISO14000,
ISO22000, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP) and Good Hygienic Practices (GHP) Certification.
2. The grant would be reimbursement of expenditure incurred on acquiring ISO14000,
ISO22000, HACCP, GMP and GHP Certification.
3. The reimbursement of expenditure will be released by the Ministry in one instalment
after obtaining necessary certification and submission of requisite documents.
4. About the scheme:
• To motivate the food processing industries for adoption of food safety and quality
assurance mechanisms such as TQM including ISO 14000, ISO 22000, HACCP,
• To prepare them to face global competition in post WTO Regime.
• To enable adherence to stringent quality and hygiene norms.
• To enhance product acceptance by overseas buyers.
• To keep Indian industry technologically abreast of international best practices.
(b). Pattern of Assistance:
All Implementing Agencies i.e. Central/ State Govt. Organisations, IITs,
Universities and Private Sector will be eligible for reimbursement of 50% of cost of
consultant fee, fee charged by Certification Agency, plant and machinery, technical civil
works, and other expenditure towards implementation of Total Quality Management
System including ISO14000, ISO22000, HACCP, GMP and GHP in general areas subject
to maximum limit of Rs. 15 lakh and 75% in difficult areas subject to a maximum of Rs.
: 2 :
(c) Eligibility Criteria
(i) Central/ State Govt. Organisations, IITs, Universities and Private Sector will
be eligible for reimbursement of expenditure towards implementation of Total
(ii) The scheme provides one time reimbursement only against an Industrial
Entrepreneur Memoranda (IEM)/ Permanent SSI Registration/ Industrial
(iii) The applicant should not have obtained/applied for grant/subsidy from any
Ministry/Department of Central Govt/GOI organization/agencies and State
Govt for purpose of adoption of Total Quality Management System.
(iv) Application is to be submitted in the prescribed format along with documents
(v) Expenditure incurred on the project after in-principle approval of the proposal
by the Ministry for Total Quality Management System will be considered for