- a single integrated framework that enables you to get the best out of CobiT, ITIL, ISO27001/ISO27002, ISO20000, Prince2, PMBOK, TOGAF, IT Balanced Scorecards, the Zachman Enterprise Architecture, IT Portfolio Management, IT Dashboards and so much more;
- a framework to navigate your wide-ranging and complex strategic, risk management, compliance and operational needs;
- a step-by-step guide to cross-company implementation;
- templates and assessment tools that will simplify many aspects of the process for you; and
- practical guidance working with ISO/IEC 38500 and for integrating widely-used IT governance frameworks, including CobiT, ISO27001, ITIL and so on.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The ISO/IEC 38500:2008, Corporate governance of information technology standard, provides a framework for effective governance of IT to assist those at the highest level of organizations to understand and fulfill their legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations in respect of their organizations’ use of IT.
ISO/IEC 38500 is applicable to organizations from all sizes, including public and private companies, government entities, and not-for-profit organizations. This standard provides guiding principles for directors of organizations on the effective, efficient, and acceptable use of Information Technology (IT) within their organizations. It is organized into three prime sections, specifically, Scope, Framework and Guidance 
The framework comprises definitions, principles and a model. It sets out six principles for good corporate governance of IT:
- Human behaviour.
It also provides guidance to those advising, informing, or assisting directors.