Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity Planning Consultancy services
- Business Continuity/BS25999 Training
- Business Continuity Planning Books
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Toolkits
- 80% of organizations with a tried and tested business continuity plan are likely to survive a major business discontinuity; only 20% of those without a business continuity plan are likely to survive.
- Over 90% of organizations that suffer a significant data loss are not in business two years later.
- The Business Continuity Institute's 2005 survey indicates that 30% of businesses still don't have a business continuity plan.
- The data indicates that many of the existing plans are not comprehensive and that maintenance (testing and updating) is generally inadequate.
- 'Backup' is not the same as a business continuity plan, and terrorism should be specifically addressed.
Essential Business Continuity Resources
BS 25999 - Business Continuity Best Practice
Business continuity is not just an IT and data issue; it is an issue for the whole organization. Loss of telecommunications, internet connectivity, physical premises, machinery and equipment or critical people - all of these are possible continuity risks. And while business continuity planning is not the same as disaster recovery planning, the two are closely related.
Civil Contingencies and Business Continuity Planning
Business Continuity Planning
Disaster Recovery Planning
- risk assessment
- business impact analysis (BIA)
- plan development
A common language can be a helpful thing to have when working on a project, helping to ensure that all the BC and DR professionals when communicating are talking about the same thing. In Business Continuity and BS25999: A Combined Glossary you are provided with such a language. It provides a common vocabulary for business continuity, listing hundreds of terms and definitions directly sourced from highly authoritative sources, including: Disaster Recovery Institute, Business Continuity Institute, ISO27001, BS7799-3:2006 and ISO20000 amongst many others.