Posted by Beth Bacheldor in Best Practices | 2 comments
- 10 Web Sites That Will Matter in 2009
- The Fragile Facebook Economy: Developers Struggle As Rules Change
- Free BlackBerry Downloads: Five (More) Essential Apps
- Top Three Outsourcing Initiatives for 2009
- 26 Ways To Know Your Software Development Project Is Doomed
- Does a Tech Manager Need to Be Tech-Savvy?
- LinkedIn Clamps Down On Super-Connected Users
- IT Management: 7 Deadly Sins
- LinkedIn Etiquette: Five Dos and Don'ts
- 7 Things IT Managers Should Know About Lotus Notes
Build your own newsletter on your favorite technology topics. Security, Applications, Mobile — over 200 topics to choose from. Learn how »
Social computing and Web 2.0 technologies are raising the bar on product development and engineering performance. This white paper from Tech-Clarity provides insight on how to take advantage of social computing while maintaining focus on protecting product IP.
Many search tools were not built for e-discovery and can deliver inconsistencies that cripple legal teams and crumble cases. Walk through the challenges in working with keyword search and learn the costs and risks associated with relying on it as the sole means of e-discovery.
Solving application issues over the WAN requires careful consideration. Based on their independent research, Forrester Consulting offers recommendations on how to tackle application performance issues and the inability to quickly restore users in a disaster.
Offering regional and national programs, CIO (and CSO) events bring together some of the most respected names and thought leaders in information technology and security. Presented by CIOs and other senior level executives, these invitation-only programs offer timely topics and strong networking. Learn More »
This report analyzes the data of the 2010 State of the CIO survey to highlight the differences between the three fundamental types of CIOs--the Function Heads, Transformational Leaders and the Business Strategists.
As companies emerge from the economic downturn and formulate IT re-investment strategies for 2010 and beyond, CIOs are determined to maximize business capacity and competitive advantage while maintaining tight control over IT spending. But how can mid-market IT executives anticipate and outmaneuver the large IT vendors' "pricing game" strategies? Join the CIO Executive Council and learn more.
Join Council member, Claudio Abreu, president and CEO, Bayer Corporation Business and Technology Services, as he explains why and how Bayer practices sustainability in every aspect of their day-to-day business from implementing international standards for reducing emissions to lowering energy use within the company, and holding all contractors and partners to a code of conduct across the supply chain.Learn more about the CIO Executive Council »
The consulting talent that once billed $300 an hour while working for outsourcing and advisory firms have struck out on their own. Now their sourcing expertise is available to IT departments at as much as half the cost of the big firms.
Which of your Twitter contacts have abandoned the service? Which are spammers? These five free tools weed out deadbeat users and help you organize your account.
- smoneill said: new story: "Microsoft SharePoint: Enterprises Get Boost by Integrating Social Tools" http://tinyurl.com/y9yx2q6 CIO.com about 16 hours ago
- kaneshige said: An app developer gets unfairly swept up in Apple's raid on "sexy" apps. http://bit.ly/9n1aXM CIO.com about 18 hours ago
- bcarlsonCIO said: new VIDEO on CIO.com - World Tech Update, Feb. 25, 2010 http://bit.ly/d9Az1I about 16 hours ago
- bcarlsonCIO said: IT Leaders: Don't forget to submit your application for the CIO-100! Details here: http://www.cio.com/cio-awards/cio100/index #CIO 1 day ago
- bcarlsonCIO said: RT @kaneshige: It's about time Apple cleaned up the smut in the App Store. http://bit.ly/aWYiz2 CIO.com 2 days ago