Understanding ISO 9001:2008 and Process-based Management Systems
ISO 9001:2008 and quality management systems (QMSs) are widely used, but in order to recognise their full benefit an organisation needs to know exactly what they mean for them in practice - this is where this book will help you!
Understanding ISO 9001:2008 and Process-based Management Systems decodes the ISO 9001 standard, explaining it in business terms. The book clearly and succinctly details what the ISO 9001 will mean for your organisation in practice.
This book examines the impact of process-based management and outlines what is required to achieve certification. It advises how to build the foundations for business improvement beyond ISO 9001:2008.
The book shows how to maximise the benefits of a QMS by applying it appropriately. It shows how overall business performance can be enhanced by leveraging the strength of a QMS within an organisation.
- Business first/standards second - the context,
- ISO 9001:2008 in overview - the 'what',
- Business process management - the 'how',
- ISO 9001:2008 in more detail - the 'gap',
- Where next - the 'implementation plan',
Key Features and Benefits:
- Aligned with quality management in accordance with ISO 9001:2008, making this one of the few books available on the new version of the standard. It is essential reading for those implementing or working within a QMS.
- To be used by all organisations and across all sectors, by those planning, implementing or maintaining a QMS, or looking to improve organisational performance. Making this book's information usable no matter the size or type of your organisation.
- Enlightens you to the ins and outs of the ISO 9001:2008 standard. Explaining the standard in clear, plain English. Making the information in the book easily understandable.
Authors: Ian Rosam and Rob Peddle
Published Date: September 2009
Availability: In Stock
Learn how to leverage the ISO 9001 standard to the benefit of your organisation using this book - order today!