ONE DAY TECHNICAL WORKSHOP ON
Adoption of energy efficient process technologies & practices and implementation of Energy Conservation Building Codes (ECBC) in Buildings/ Hotels/ Hospitals/ BPO
Venue of Workshop
27th July 2010
9.00 AM to 5.30 PM
47 Prithvi Raj Road, Opp. Safdarjung Tomb
New Delhi - 110 011
The Energy Conservation Act, 2001 (52 of 2001) empowers the Central Government under Section 14(p) read with Section 56(2)(l) to prescribe Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC). The Code defines norms and standards for the energy performance of buildings and their components based on the climate zone in which they are located.
Under the leadership of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), a Committee of Experts finalized ECBC in consultation with various Stakeholders in 2007, with an overall purpose to provide minimum requirements for the energy-efficient design and construction of buildings. ECBC covers building envelop, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, interior and exterior lighting system, service hot water, electrical power system and motors. In May 2007, the Ministry of Power, Government of India formally launched the ECBC for its voluntary adoption in the country. Since then, BEE has been promoting and facilitating its adoption through several training and capacity building programmes.
Life Long Learning (3L) Programme has been launched to update the knowledge of energy professionals on specialized topics related to new technologies, software in identifying the key areas of high energy consumption and their minimization. As per the EC Act also it is necessary for the Energy Managers & Energy Auditors to update their knowledge and attend such workshops.
2. Objective of the Workshop
There is scope for saving 10-15% on energy bills in this sector by using energy efficient technology & practices. This workshop is being organized with the main objective to disseminate information about State–of-Art energy efficient technologies available for Buildings by experts working in this field. After launch of the ECBC Code, BEE has been promoting and facilitating its adoption through several training and capacity building programmes. Actual success stories of Buildings will be discussed.
We invite you to present paper on success stories & energy management initiative taken in your organisation.
3. Who should attend
The workshop will be very useful for senior / middle level executives from industry and practitioners of the Buildings, who are involved in:
· Design, planning and maintenance of Buildings, Energy Manager & member of Energy Management Cell;
· Energy management and energy auditing professionals to comply with provisions of the Energy Conservation Act.;
· Energy Audit firms and energy efficient Technology providers for buildings
· Energy efficient equipment suppliers for this sector.
A general basic knowledge of buildings processes / engineering and utilities requirement is necessary to follow the lectures by experts.
Eminent and experienced speakers from:
§ Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power
§ German Technical Cooperation (GTZ)
§ Specialist from Buildings on Energy Efficiency
§ Energy efficient technology & equipment suppliers related to Buildings.
§ Building Energy Audit Firms
5. Major Topics for Workshop technical sessions
· Implementation of Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) in India
· Future energy efficient technology in this sector
· Building envelops, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, interior and exterior lighting system, service hot water, electrical power system and motors. for Buildings
· Energy Audit and Guidelines for saving energy
· Case studies/ success stories from Indian Buildings.
6. Registration Charges:
Corporate Participants and industry members Rs. 5,000 per participant
50% discount on normal fees on Rs. 5,000/-
for Energy Auditors & Energy Managers Rs. 2,500 per participant
(who have passed / appeared BEE’s National Certification Examination of EM/EA)
As per Section 49 of Energy Conservation Act 2001, BEE is exempted for paying Income Tax, therefore the workshop fee should be made without TDS.
All participants get:
· Participation certificate issued by BEE duly signed by DG (BEE).
· Workshop kit: Conference bag, writing note book, pen, learning material hard copy, softcopy, website CD, energy management posters.
7. 3L Programme Co-ordinators
Mr. Kaushal Raizada, Programme Co-ordinator
Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power,
4th Floor, Sewa Bhawan,
R.K. Puram, New Delhi -110 066
Fax: 011-26194564 Ph: 011-26194770
Mr. Anil Sharma, 3L Manager IGEN, BEE
Mr. Ashok Kumar, Advisor-Information IGEN, BEE
For more details log on to www.energymanagertraining.com
Please send Nomination form with workshop fee to Mr. Ashok Kumar, Advisor–Information, IGEN, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, 4th Floor, Sewa Bhawan, R.K. Puram, New Delhi -110066 with At Par Cheque/ Demand Draft in favour of “BUREAU OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY” payable at New Delhi.
BUREAU OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY
MINISTRY OF POWER, GOVERNMENT OF